Tired of wishing there were more options on the non-alcoholic menu at your favourite restaurant, or just wish you had some recipes for your own sober cocktails at home? We’ve come up with 4 delicious options that’ll make you soon forget your drink is san-alcohol at all.
1. OITNB Spritzer
Having withdrawal symptoms of Orange is the New Black? Take your mind off those cravings for drama, revenge and love with this refreshing drink while you spend your summer watching re-runs.
Oranges (Freshly Squeezed)
Sparkling Water (Carbonated)
Ice Cubes, optional
1. Squeeze oranges to create juice. Alternatively you can use bought orange juice for convenience.
2. Mix in a jug, equal parts orange juice and sparkling water. Or find a desired mix that works for you. You could do 2 parts orange juice to 1 part sparkling water. Add ice cubes.
3. Serve straight away so you don’t loose the fizz. Add an orange wedge on the side of the glass for a bit of class and treat to snack on.
Hint: Worried about your ice blocks melting and making your drink watery?
Simply pre-freeze some orange juice in an ice cube tray the night before.
2. Pink Lady Crush (Blender required)
For all the lovebirds out there wanting to cool down their loved ones, this super sweet drink will keep you in high spirits. Who doesn’t love a little sugar?
1 part Cranberry Juice
1 part Orange Juice
1 part Pineapple Juice
1 part Lemonade (7up or Sprite)
1. Mix in a jug, equal parts of all ingredients.
2. Add desired amount of ice cubes. Start with a handful and work your way up to desired thickness.
3. Serve in a glass with a lime wedge and straw.
3. The Happy Hulk (Juicer required)
Kale is the new legend of greens. For all you healthy Flurts out there, know that it’s packed with fibre, iron, vitamins A C and K, anti-inflammatory components, antioxidants, calcium and has zero fat. The taste isn’t for everyone, but this concoction of fruits and vegetables will tantalise your taste buds.
1 part Kale
1 part Spinach
1 part Carrot
1 part Grapefruit
1 part apple
1. Juice equal parts of the fruit and vegetables.
2. You can change the amounts to suit your taste. If a green juice seems a bit too scary to handle, add extra apple to sweeten it up.
3. Drink up immediately to avoid separation.
Hint: For a green juice, you can add any other fruit or vegetable! It’s all about finding a balance that works well for you.
4. Summer in the Garden Punch
Planning some time in the garden with friends and family? This is the perfect punch to serve. The mix of juice and tea creates a refreshing drink to have while chatting, laughing and remembering tales of adventures from your past.
3 Cups Boiling Water
12 Sprigs of Fresh Mint
4 Tea Bags
1 Cup White Sugar
1 Cup Orange Juice
¼ Cup Lemon Juice
5 Cups Cold Water
1. Place in a pitcher the mint and tea bags. Pour the boiling water over them, and allow to sit for 8 minutes.
2. Remove the mint and tea bags and discard them.
3. Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Then stir in the orange and lemon juice.
4. Pour in the cold water.
Hint: Garnish the punch with sliced oranges and lemons. To keep cool, serve over ice.
Ginger Mojito Mocktail
This is the perfect escape for those who love alcoholic drinks but not so much the alcohol. Trick your mind with this virgin mojito concoction. It’s minty fresh with a zesty lime zing.
8 Mint Leaves
2 part Lime Juice
4 teaspoon Cane Sugar (Liquid)
8 Part Ginger Ale
3 Part Club Soda
1. In a glass, combine the mint leaves and lime juice.
2. Add the sugar and fill glass with ice cubes.
3. Add the Ginger Ale and Club Soda.
4. Serve with lime wedge (optional).
Which of these sober summer cocktails are your favourite? Let us know in your comments below!