The New Year is a time for new beginnings, which means you have a fresh start to do all those things you’ve been putting off. To jump-start your list, here are some things every woman needs to accomplish in 2015:
1. Climb the Mountain (whatever that may be). Find something you love that makes you sweat and makes you strong – whether it’s hanging off a climbing wall, running a marathon or even something as small as that 5th lap around the track. Climb the mountain by showing yourself what your body can do.
2. Go Makeup Free At Least One Day a Week. It’s really important to start loving your face without makeup. Put your eyeliner in your drawer, swap your foundation for sunscreen, throw your hair in a braid and replace your lipstick with good old-fashioned lip balm. Brush your eyebrows into line, smile and head out the door.
3. Read as Many Diverse Books as Possible. Read books by women of colour and LGBT authors, from mainstream or small presses, about people with disabilities and other cultures. Read poems, essays, novels, biographies, lists, textbooks, e-books… just read.
4. Host a Monthly Get-Together With the Gurls. Show your friends some love with a regular gathering outside of your local watering hole. Chatting over waffles is the best therapy. Cap it off with pedis or a crafternoon. As wonderful as the partners in your life are, your ladies deserve some celebrating, regularly.
5. Pour Your Emotions into a Craft. The best thing I did this year was learn to cross-stitch. Instead of getting angry or stressed, now I just stitch Ron Swanson quotes to my heart’s desire! As someone who could never get on the meditation train, I consider the time I spend introverting with my needlepoint and knitting the purest form of meditation. Plus, I end up with something pretty instead of falling asleep.
Bonus: Treat yourself 24/7, 365 days of the year. Remember to regularly practice self-care, whether it’s a trip to the mall or a walk outside. You can’t be your best self until you take time to recharge.
What’s something you plan to accomplish this New Year? Let us know in the comments below!