We asked the FLURT team for their best dating tips and they happily delivered their experiences.
1. You don’t have to date someone with similar interests, and opposites don’t necessarily attract. As long as your foundational values line up, nothing else matters.
2. Travel together as much as possible, especially before moving in together or getting engaged! It’s one of the best ways to get to know someone, and the shared experience will be a topic of conversation for years to come.
3. Sort out the big questions early on: Do you both want kids? Do you both believe in monogamy? Are you both willing to commit? Do you both want to get married or become common-law?
4. When they vent about their day, don’t try and solve the problem for them. Listen and be supportive.
5. Talk everyday. Life is busy, schedules and time zones may get in the way, but a quick “I love you, have a good day” message can bring you together like nothing else. When you have time, always think of something about your day to share so there’s no dead space. Share the ups and the downs.
Read the rest of the article in the spring 2016 issue here.